A model blog to the making of the Maquis Raider! This model can be seen in Star Trek; The Next Generation, Deep Space 9 and Voyager.

Design of Project

I plan to make this model with proper spray paint job, with lighting systems in the warp/impulse engines. I also want to add proper window lights in the main bridge and also beacon/flashing lights.


(Impulse Engine: Red Strips. Warp Engine: Blue Grills)

The impulse engines (red lights) are to include a 555 timer that flickers very fast at probably 20-30 times per second. I have the circuit for this built at this point, but I will wait till later posts to give the proper instructions on how to do so. (I know it's not suppose to flicker, but it's just so boring seeing it red). Here's a video of the Raider in action, I believe it's from Star Trek Legacy the game (yet to play myself).



Looks fun!!!!
Anyways, a little side tracked....


The impulse/warp engines require either clearing the plastic parts in order for lights to shine through... or if you like to take short cuts, there is an online store that cast clear resin parts as replacements. I've ordered mine, but hasn't arrived yet.... so I'm doing the old fashion way in the mean time.... (I've only done these two at this point).


(tip: use micro drills to drill series of holes first before cutting with hobby knife)


$25 USD + Shipping from http://dlmparts.com/moreparts.html





Here are some fan made projects, with or without lighting systems.


http://msfm.seryan.com/stephen_l/maquisraider.htm









http://fuzznoggincreations.com/marquis.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment