A model blog to the making of the Maquis Raider! This model can be seen in Star Trek; The Next Generation, Deep Space 9 and Voyager.

Impulse/Warp Engine Hookups!

I wanted to set up my impulse engines and warp engines to flicker really fast, and I had an idea of using my earlier switch to change the flickering mode to regular "all on" mode. But when I start wiring the LEDs in parallel using the circuit, it burn out my 555 timer. I tried this 2 more times before I realized that the circuit can't handle that much current??! iono, need to consult an electrical engineer about it.


Anyways, so i cheap out, I decided to only add the regular mode on this model. I used a total of 8 super bright blue LEDs and 6 wide angle red LEDs for the warp and impulse engines separately. As usual, I link them in parallel and tape them down accordingly =)


No comments:

Post a Comment